Harris Search Associates to lead Arkansas Colleges of Health Education Chair of internal Medicine search
Arkansas Colleges of Health Education/Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine has selected Harris Search Associates to lead the search for its next Chair of Internal Medicine search. The Chair of Internal Medicine is responsible for planning, directing, and the implementation of programs, policies and procedures for the Department of Internal Medicine that ensures the integration of scientifically based, biomedical sciences, and osteopathic principles and practices for predoctoral and/or postdoctoral students, provide service to the college and professional communities and engage in innovative scholarship and research to advance medical knowledge.
Download the detailed profile below
Chair of Internal Medicine search profile
The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience:
• Terminal degree (DO or MD) with current Board Certification in appropriate area of specialization if applicable.
• Three (3) years prior teaching experience in a clinical setting, College of Medicine or Graduate Medical Education.
• Demonstrated leadership, productivity and administrative experience in a clinical, professional, research or educational settings.
• Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
• Eligible for coverage by college’s malpractice insurer if applicable.
• Terminal degree (DO) with current Board Certification in appropriate area of specialization if applicable.
• Five years (5) full-time faculty experience at a College of Medicine or five years (5) experience in Graduate Medical Education.
• Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional service, scholarly activity, medical research or education.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education in the classroom, laboratory, simulation and standardized laboratory settings and in clinical settings for students and residents.
• Demonstrated knowledge of varied curriculum template and educational formats.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
• Demonstrated depth of knowledge in one or more of the medical, psychological, or social disciplines required for the education of medical students, the practice of medicine, the advancement of medical knowledge and research.
• Demonstrate leadership skills, organizational skills, delegation skills, and time management skills.
The Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) is a private, non-profit, medical school for osteopathic medicine located in Fort Smith, in the U.S. state of Arkansas. Founded in 2014 as a division of the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education, the school holds provisional accreditation with the American Osteopathic Association. The school opened its doors to its inaugural class of 150 students in August of 2017. Graduates of ARCOM will receive the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree (DO).
Harris Search Associates - an IIC Partners member firm, is a leading global executive search and board advisory consulting firm with 50 offices in 35 countries worldwide. Our practice is focused on identifying and attracting leaders to support the growth of clients in the areas of research, science, engineering, academic medicine, and healthcare enterprises. Clients include the foremost universities, research parks, institutes, academic medical centers, hospitals, and healthcare organizations driving global innovation and discovery.